- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing Long Term Work
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, English, Mathematics, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: KS2IN
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
Required for a full-time long-term position, our client in Canton is searching for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in Key Stage 2 classes. You will need to have experience of working with primary aged pupils and have a general knowledge of the National Curriculum. You will be required to assist with the daily classroom routine, support pupils through break times and provide feedback to parents, class teacher and, in some cases, the Headteacher. The role also involves working closely with small groups/or individual students to help them progress in English and Maths, using Read, Write Inc and Big Maths schemes.
New Directions offers free Team Teach, Manual Handling and First Aid training to the right candidates who are keen to excel with their professional development.
If you think you would be ideal for the role, please get in contact with our team.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th September 2017