- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate start
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG220518
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are currently looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Key Stage 2 (KS2) teacher for a long-term position in a small school in Blaenau Gwent with 200 pupils. The school is a Catholic school who love to help within the community where they can enjoy getting involved in fundraising events where possible. The school had a ‘Good’ outcome on their Estyn inspection which means the schools has many strengths and no important areas requiring significant improvement.
Working through New Directions you will get a competitive salary, the opportunity to earn money through our recommend a friend scheme and also have the opportunity to earn an end of year loyally bonus up to £500, free training opportunity’s as well as many other benefits. New Directions are the governments preferred supplier for supply teachers due to the attention to detail with compliance checks and the fact that our teachers are the main priority to us. You will work closely with your own dedicated account manager who will be in constant contact with you to ensure you are getting the best out of your assignment.
The successful candidate for this post will need to have the ability to work on their own initiative, be able to differentiate between the differing needs and abilities of the children and be happy to get involved in all aspects of school life. Communication is key, not only with the students but also with other staff within the school and the parents and careers of the children. Working with children in a primary setting you may well come across some challenging behavior at times so the ability to cope well and resolve these situations is very important to the role.
If you feel this job could be for you and you want to make a difference to children in the primary setting, please get in touch with New Directions.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th June 2018