- Location: Knowsley - North West
- Start Date: September 2017
- Duration: 3 terms
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: EJ300
- Salary: negotiable
New Directions are looking to appoint an outstanding and experienced Key Stage 2 (KS2) teacher to cover a maternity post starting in September 2017 through to Summer 2018.
Our client school strongly believes that education is about every child experiencing the joy of discovery, solving problems, being confident and creative in communication and developing their self-esteem as learners and maturing socially and emotionally.
Children at this school are actively encouraged to take part in their learning and apply their skills in a range of contexts to develop a life-long love of learning and take responsibility for it. Spanish is taught to all children from year one through to year six.
A commitment to developing the social and emotional aspects of pupil’s learning is essential as is the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in KS2. A strong commitment to parental and community involvement is also required.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th May 2017