- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG171018
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking to recruit a PPA teacher for a small Rural school in Blaenau Gwent, the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work across both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 and be reliable hard working and have good communication skills. This post will not involve planning but you will be expected to complete any marking at the end of the lessons. You will work closely with the class teachers and the support staff, you will also be expected to communicate with the parents at the end of the day and at parents’ evenings to keep them updated on their Child’s progress.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is professional at all times and who is up to date with current initiatives in education, good behavior management is essential for this role and either team teach or personal safety and behavior management would be an advantage for this role however New Directions can put you on these courses for free in the school holidays so not essential. If you are interested in applying for this role please call 02920 390 133 and ask for Carley.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th October 2018