- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: September 20018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG060918
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking to recruit Key Stage 2(KS2) teachers for a variety of posts long and short term within the Blaenau Gwent area. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic teachers who are looking to make a difference within a primary setting.
You will need to have a good work ethic and be highly motivated, able to work on your own initiative and have the ability to plan lessons according to the curriculum which are both informative, interesting and keep the children engaged throughout.
We are looking for an individual who is happy to get involved with all aspects of the school life including after school activities and engaging with parents keeping them informed of their children’s progress. Good communication skills are essential to work together with the classroom assistant the other teachers within the school and the wider family of the children. Training classroom management would be preferred for the role however not essential as new directions do offer team teach and personal safety and behavior management training during the holidays.
Working with new directions you will be offered competitive rates of pay, competitive pay rates, loyalty bonus, guaranteed payment contracts and the luxury of working with your own dedicated account manager who will support you through your New Directions journey with advice,support and lots of free training to enhance your development and CV.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th September 2018