- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: September 20018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG200618
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking for an enthusiastic Key Stage 2 (KS2) teacher to work in a small rural school in Blaenau Gwent. The school prides itself on the fantastic work they do throughout the community working not only with the children but also building quality relationships with the wider family’s.
This role would be suited to someone who has a passion for teaching and the want to see their students learn and thrive within the classroom. You will need to have the ability to be able to adapt to differing needs of the children and tailor your lesson plans to all abilities ensuing that work is planned in accordance to the National Curriculum.
You will be expected to get involved in all aspects of school life including planning exciting and interesting lessons, marking the children’s work and any recording of the children’s progress knowing how to ensure progression, as well as some after school activities and parent’s evenings. Good classroom management skills will be needed for this role and the ability build a good rapport with the children and keep them engaged throughout the day.
Working through New Directions you will benefit from:
• Local Work within the Blaenau Gwent area in schools of your choice.
• Competitive rates of pay.
• A guaranteed payment scheme giving you the financial security to know you will be offered full time work on a weekly basis.
• Long and short-term placements within your local area.
• A loyalty bonus of up to £500.
• A recommend a friend bonus of £100 per teacher.
• Access to free training to continually improve your professional development.
If you think you would be suitable for this role and you are available from September 2018 then please do not hesitate to get in touch and ask for Carley.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2018