- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: September 20018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG060918
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking to recruit a Key Stage 2 (KS2) teacher in a large school in Newport. We are looking for someone who has experience working with children KS2 children preferably year 5/6 and have good behavioral management skills. The successful candidate must be passionate about teaching and have the ability to plan and deliver exciting and informative lessons whilst ensuring that they are sticking to the curriculum. This post is to last a minimum of 3 months but could go on to 6 months due to the nature of the cover. Working with New Directions you will benefit from working with your own dedicated account manager who will support you through your journey with New Directions, you will get offered free training throughout the holidays to help enhance your learning and development and improve your CV. You will also have the chance to work on a Guaranteed Payment contract giving you financial security throughout the year and you can benefit from a loyalty bonus at the end of the year to thank you for your hard work throughout the term.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th September 2018