- Location: Bristol - South West
- Start Date: February
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: SW004
- Salary: £110- £120 a day
New Directions Education are recruiting for excellent Key Stage 2 teachers in the Avonmouth area. We are currently servicing many local schools that are often requiring teachers to cover courses, PPA and sickness in their Key Stage 2 classes. Applicants must hold qualified teacher status (QTS) and be confident in delivering the national curriculum. In most cases the work will be set but we encourage our teachers to be prepared with their own resources in case of emergencies. Our schools require enthusiastic individuals with the personality to engage pupils and develop learning in a nurturing environment.
New Directions can offer great opportunities to build relationships with schools and pupils. You will work with a dedicated account manager who has experience of working with local schools to ensure you reach your maximum potential. We can offer day to day work with flexible conditions and the ability to control your own calendar. Also available are long term positions that can provide you with the experience to gain permanent work.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th May 2018