- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CAR0904
- Salary: £90 per day
Are you a confident, professional Primary School Teacher?
Are you looking for flexible work in a range of schools in the Caerphilly area?
We are currently seeking teachers to teach Key Stage 2 (KS2) in various schools in Caerphilly, starting in September 2019.
All of the work we provide is initially on a day-to-day supply basis, with the potential for you to gain longer-term placements and even permanent positions, providing you are able to build strong relationships with schools. For day-to-day cover, work will be set out for you to teach and you will be supported by a Teaching Assistant, however it is good practice to have your own lesson plans and resources just in case.
Ideal candidates will possess strong behaviour management skills and be able to effectively control the classroom. Furthermore, we are seeking creative teachers who can deliver exciting lessons for a range of year groups within KS2 and can be flexible and willing to teach KS1 if required.
New Directions can offer you a range of benefits if you choose to work with us, including: holiday pay scheme, refer a friend bonus (£100), NQT seminars and guidance, guaranteed payment scheme, chance to be employee of the month, competitive rates of pay and much more. We provide a host of free training courses to our employees, which will help you build your skillset and make you more attractive for long-term positions.
Contact us today to find out how we can help, we would love to hear from you.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th April 2019