- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing placement
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: AP32
- Salary: From £90.00 per day
New Directions are looking to recruit a Year 3/4 Primary Teacher within Swansea for a position starting in September 2018. The school is centrally based with on site parking and good transport links. The school examine and review the quality and progression of the curriculum that is offered to pupils and adapt accordingly. They are seeking a candidate who is happy to get involved with extra curricular activities and will go the extra mile to ensure the success and growth of their class. The school would like us to introduce suitable candidates before the end of term and have them in for supply days. They are happy to meet candidates for an informal chat who are qualifying this year.
We welcome applicants who:
- Are able to create and deliver a broad, balanced, creative and stimulating learning experience suitable for the age group, which meet the objectives of the Key Stage 2 curriculum;
- Will utilise all aspects of the school from interactive technology in a classroom to the outside classroom, as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Are able to provide full employment history and reference details to cover the last three years.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th May 2018