- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: FT 2704
- Salary: Competitve
New Directions are looking to recruit a Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher within Neath for a full-time position starting in May 2018, initially until the end of the summer term. There is the potential that this post could continue in September. The school aim to provide children with skills they can use for the rest of their lives, whilst believing in traditional values. The school believes that children can only reach their full potential if they work with parents/carers to support them. This allows open communication between school and home life to share concerns and successes. For this reason we are looking for a team player that can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents. The right applicant needs to be willing to go the extra mile to see their class succeed whilst maintaining the values of the school.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to create and deliver a range of learning experiences suitable for the age group, which meet the objectives of Key Stage 2;
- Will utilise all aspects of the School from interactive technology in a classroom to outside activities, as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references and full employment history and adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
New Directions are able to offer competitive rates of pay, a dedicated account manager and loyalty bonus.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th April 2018