- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2018
- Duration: On-going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP03102
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently seeking Key Stage 2 Specialists to provide relief cover for primary schools in and around the city of Swansea. All placements will be undertaken in Junior Departments and candidates will need to be confident in teaching pupils in Year 3 through to Year 6. The majority of the cover schools require will be given with advanced notice but sometimes cover will be required at short notice to cover sickness absences. We will be able to offer you work as soon as your file has cleared the registration process and you will be able to select the days and schools you wish to work in.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Seek the flexibility of short term supply positions;
- Would be confident with last minute classroom changes.
The schools seek candidates who would be confident adapting to different year groups and differentiating accordingly. They welcome teachers who would be able to utilise pupil led lessons where content is based on points of interest relevant to the year group. Successful candidates would also need to be enthusiastic and encourage pupils to achieve their individual learning objectives. New Directions will be able to offer you competitive rates of pay, free online and in house training (delivered during school holidays) and a personal account manager.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd October 2018