- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: DBKS227/04
- Salary: £90 - £140 p/d
As Wrexham Education Authority’s preferred supplier New Directions are looking for confident, adaptable and reliable teachers for a range of placements, both short-term and long-term, within Key Stage 2 departments in primary schools throughout the area. The nature of the work means that teachers will potentially be required to work within a range of different settings so the adaptability to work in different environments using different schemes such as Read Write Inc, JollyPhonics and Numicon is a key requirement for any potential candidates (however previous experience of these specific schemes is not mandatory). An ideal candidate will strive to offer the schools in which they work the highest standard of service and be flexible to the schools needs.
New Directions have been extremely successful in placing teachers into full and part-time positions in recent years. This is due to the wide range of experience our supply staff are able to gain whilst working in assignments in local schools making us the ideal option for any Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) looking for work in the area. Supply work can be an ideal way to continue your personal development and as a training provider New Directions will also give you the opportunity to increase your development further. Working for New Directions gives all our staff, both NQTs and experienced teachers alike, the flexibility to work the days and hours which suit their needs.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th May 2018