- Location: Ceredigion - West Wales
- Start Date: May 2018
- Duration: On going supply placement
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: Llam04
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently seeking to register primary teachers for supply work for Key Stage 2. We currently enjoy a good relationship with many primary schools across Ceredigion and are currently seeking a candidate with the ability to teach from Years 3 to 6.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to adapt to different age groups and requirements at short notice;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Are confident taking on extra responsibilities such as parent consultations, planning meetings and assisting with extra curricular clubs;
- Are able to provide up-to-date references and adhere to New Directions compliance procedures;
- Are fluent in both written and oral Welsh.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to be part of a successful school, with an established and friendly ethos. With colleagues who are outstanding practitioners and who share a passion for quality learning and teaching. New Directions Education will also give you a designated and helpful account manager, and offer training courses to further assist you career development.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2018