- Location: Ceredigion - Mid Wales
- Start Date: June 2018
- Duration: Ongoing Supply
- Job Type: Maternity, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: English
- Job Ref: ejd
- Salary: Competitive daily rate
New Directions are looking for a Primary School Teacher to cover maternity in a Key Stage 2 class for a position starting in June 2018. Due to the varied nature of the role the ideal candidate must be flexible and able to adapt well to new surroundings. The ideal candidate will be passionate towards delivering high quality education to a Year 3 class and will be a friendly and committed individual.
The role is open to both NQT’s and experienced practitioners and may be ideal for someone who is looking to gain an experience of working in Key Stage 2.
We ask that all our candidates are:
- A qualified teacher;
- Registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- In possession of a DBS disclosure that is on the Update Service or are able to complete one through New Directions;
- Able to provide suitable references and full employment history.
New Directions actively supply schools with teachers for the short, medium and long term. Education in this area is predominantly taught through the Medium of Welsh, so the ability to meet this requirement would be advantageous. Candidates should be up to date with the curriculum and able to deliver a high standard of service, and be able to meet the needs of different schools.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th March 2018