- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2018
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: Cardiff - NQT
- Salary: £90 per day
New Directions are looking for enthusiastic Key stage 1 (KS1) and Key stage 2 (KS2) Newly Qualified Primary teachers to join our team of teachers in Cardiff. We are looking for teachers who would like to complete their NQT year working in a range of different schools gaining valuable experience throughout the Key Stages. We will give you help advice and support on how to complete your NQT year through Supply teaching and will work with you to make sure you are placed in schools that help you to develop preparing you for a permanent role.
Working as a teacher through New Directions you will get many benefits including:
- The opportunity to work for the governments preferred supplier.
- Have a competitive rate of pay. ( £90 per day )
- Have the opportunity to gain a loyalty bonus of up to £500.
- Work on a Guaranteed payment contract.
- Benefit from free training making you more attractive for long-term positions.
- Dedicated account manager and in-house safeguarding officer for your support.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th December 2018