- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: NPND2706
- Salary: £90 per day
New Directions Education are working with a school in the John Frost cluster of Newport to fill a part time, long term supply position they have starting in September 2018.
The school has excellent transport links and is within easy reach of the M4 and other major link roads. It is a medium sized school with just over 300 pupils on the roll.
The position will be over three days, Wednesday to Friday and working within a Key Stage One class. Initially the position will be for two terms but may be extended.
The school is looking for someone who:
- Is adaptable and demonstrates a passion for education
- Pushes pupils to ensure they achieve their maximum potential
- Can immerse themselves in to whole school life and take on additional duties
- Is able to delegate and utilise additional support
- Creates a safe and fun learning environment
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th June 2018