- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: NPND2506
- Salary: £90 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting Key Stage One teachers in the Newport area. If supply teaching is something you have always wondered about but unsure of how it works, please get in touch to discuss as we are able to offer both day-to-day and long-term supply positions.
Supply teaching is an excellent way of networking and building relationships with schools in your local area and can lead to future opportunities.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate, adaptable and can demonstrate a love of learning that will have an impact on the children in your class.
Schools expectations of supply are:
- Someone who can immerse themselves into school life
- Ability to deliver the work planned in accordance with the National Curriculum
- Complete all marking and evaluation forms
- Someone who can engage with the children, helping them foster a love of learning
Ideal applicants will:
- Have an excellent knowledge of the current curriculum
- Bring strong ‘can do’ attitude to any classroom environment to help build a rapport
- Ability to adopt new learning techniques in the classroom
- Create a positive working atmosphere that encourages pupils to achieve more
- Are able to adapt to different schools needs and value
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th June 2018