- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 0910SJM18
- Salary: £90 Per Day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Key Stage 1 Teachers to work within a variety of Primary Schools in the Abergavenny area. We’re currently servicing schools that cover day to day, sickness cover and PPA. There is often opportunity for long term placements which will provide excellent experience to gain permanent work. Applicants must hold qualified teacher status (QTS) with a concise understanding of the national curriculum.
We are looking for teachers who hold the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Inter-personal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Someone who is passionate about supporting and helping children to develop academically
- Team player
- Strong classroom management
- Someone who is able to voice fresh approaches to further development within the school
New Directions are passionate about our staff and offer great opportunities to build relationships with schools and pupils, providing a service that is second to none. To maximise your full potential within the education sector we are able to offer candidates a wide range of benefits including on-going training, flexible working conditions, an annual loyalty bonus and a dedicated account manager on hand until 9pm.
If you are interested in a flexible and varied role which will allow you to maximise your initiative in the classroom and you are passionate about developing others then please contact New Directions.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th October 2018