- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 024-SJM918
- Salary: £90 Per Day
Are you a qualified Key Stage One teacher looking for regular assignments within our Monmouthshire schools?
New Directions Education are working closely with a number of Primary Schools in the Monmouthshire area, who are seeking enthusiastic Key Stage One Primary School Teachers to work within local schools to provide a high calibre of teaching on a daily basis in order to fulfil school needs.
If you would like regular, flexible work in a variety of school environments then a great opportunity awaits. The ideal candidate will obtain the following:
- A concise understanding Early Years to Key Stage One transitions.
- Full knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Imagination, creativity and a sense of humour.
- Great judgment and analytical skills.
- Experience in Read, Write INC training, Phonics or Numicon workshops is desirable but not essential.
Primary Teachers have a variety of duties beyond just teaching and lesson planning; it is a varied role that can be incredibly rewarding. At New Directions we appreciate the hard work of our staff and would like our Supply Teachers to have the same opportunities for professional development as permanent staff members at schools. We offer a variety of free Continual Professional Development to help enhance your teaching skills.
We offer work on day to day and long term basis, so we work to achieve employment to suit your personal needs. Long term placements are a fantastic opportunity for you to demonstrate your knowledge with the potential to lead to a permanent position, whereas day to day placements provides you work with flexibility around your daily arrangements. You can choose which days you want to work; your preferred school and we will work to meet these requirements for you.
If you are interested in finding out more information on Primary Supply Teaching work please do not hesitate to give us a call, you will have a dedicated account manager who will be able to discuss opportunities with you further.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th September 2018