- Location: Monmouthshire - Mid Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 13SJM091800
- Salary: £90.00 Per Day
New Directions Education is recruiting strong Key Stage One Teachers who are keen to work within the Monmouthshire area.
The schools that we currently work with are committed to excellent teaching and learning which helps provide an environment where our supply teachers are able to work to their strengths. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in foundation phase and appreciate the importance of shaping the lives of young children.
New Directions are working with over 30 schools in Monmouthshire so if you are looking for day to day or long term supply we would love to hear from you.
The Key Stage 1 Teacher roles would suit those who have a wealth of experience as well as Newly Qualified Teachers looking to develop and gain skills.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Record and assess individual progress throughout the placement at a school.
- Show initiative and be enthusiastic to get involved with any extracurricular activities or school events which may take place.
- Maintain a level of respect within the classroom whilst ensuring control and discipline is present.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional colleagues and parents.
- Be aware of the need to take responsibility for your own professional development.
- Plan and deliver lessons within the curriculum and schools own schemes of work. Ensuring that your teaching programme is adaptable for children of all levels within the class, using clear differentiation.
You will be given a dedicated account manager who will support you throughout your teaching journey. Our Primary Education team are always available if you ever need advice or feedback on your progress.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th September 2018