- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: October
- Duration: On-going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: CE1210
- Salary: £90 a day
New Directions are currently recruiting qualified Key Stage Two (KS2) Teachers to help with short-term supply assignments in schools in Cardiff. As the council’s preferred supply agency, we have established great working relationships with schools in Cardiff. New Directions have been embedded in the education community since 1999 and are the preferred supply agency in over 20 local education authorities. We are looking for dedicated, reliable and adaptable Teachers to work with us to help schools with planned absences and sicknesses.
We can offer advanced work in local schools, the opportunity to build relationships and also the flexibility to manage your own diary. Supply Teaching offers exciting opportunities in a range of schools which will enable you to find the school that embodies your ethos.
Cardiff is a diverse borough with over seventy fast-paced and dynamic schools and working in Cardiff schools on supply is extremely rewarding. New Directions can offer a variety of benefits including competitive rates of pay, a guaranteed payment scheme contract, CPD opportunities and a dedicated account manager.
Your dedicated account manager will seek work that you are looking for and actively try and find placements in your area and your Key Stage preference. If you are looking for a long term placement, supply teaching is a great way to network with Head-Teachers and open doors to future opportunities for a long term placement and potentially a direct contract.
If you would like to know more about registering with us, please call our team.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th October 2018