- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: 022SJM06
- Salary: £90 Per Day
Are you looking for a new challenge, in a friendly and supportive school?
We are currently recruiting Key Stage Two (KS2) Teachers for schools within the Caerphilly borough for work starting in September 2018.
The ideal teacher will be committed to providing a secure, happy and safe environment in which children are able to flourish academically and socially throughout their school life.
The schools that we deal with are known for high standards and they require staff members to maintain and go above to continue excellent reputation.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about education and training.
- Creative and innovative.
- Keen to receive training and develop your skills and expertise.
- Determined to shape lives of children.
- Provide support to children with varying abilities in an innovative way.
- Able to support the learning policies and become a member of the teaching team.
- Feel fully comfortable with the current National Curriculum focusing on KS2 and feel confident in delivering interesting and engaging lessons.
- Have a high focus on helping children learn how to become resilient and independent learners.
In return a successful candidate can expect to:
- Work in a supportive staff environment with professionally like-minded individuals.
- The chance to work with well-behaved children who enjoy learning.
- The support of a dedicated Primary Account Manager.
- Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as the option of short term supply work.
- Access to training, development and career progression through New Directions.
- Loyalty Bonus Schemes.
If you feel that you have the commitment and drive to succeed in a KS2 role in Caerphilly please do not hesitate to call Shannon on 02920 390 133 option 2 or alternatively email Shannon.Mason@new-directions.co.uk
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018