- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: On going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: ES130219
- Salary: £90-£140per day
New Directions are looking for enthusiastic KS2 Primary Teachers to work in a variety of schools in the Wrexham area. We are extremely busy and can offer work to fit around you.
The successful candidate will;
- Confidently deliver the curriculum through engaging lessons
- Manage classroom behaviour competently in line with the schools policies
- Have an inclusive approach, tailoring your teaching to suit all of the childrens needs
- Teach with enthusiasm and passion
To register you must;
- Be willing to undertake a full DBS check (ND will cover the cost of this)
- Attend an informal interview at our Wrexham branch
- Register with the EWC
- Complete a Safegaurding level one course online
In return ND can offer competitive rates of pay, training throughout the year, flexible working hours and a dedicated account manager to support you.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th February 2019