- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: AP908
- Salary: Competitive rates of pay
Due to an increase in demand for Primary Key Stage Two (KS2) Teachers in the Swansea area we are recruiting for several primary schools in central Swansea and outskirts. These vacancies would be suitable for Primary Teachers who would relish the opportunity to forge mutually beneficial relationships with a cluster of schools on a part/ full-time basis. These schools promote parental involvement and an “open door policy” to enable their pupils to fulfil their ambitions. They also want to nurture their pupils to become well-rounded individuals in society and this is reflected in their Eco School Awards and Healthy Schools Initiatives. The successful candidate would ideally have experience in working in an Eco School or worked towards securing Eco School Status /Forest Schools Level One Certificate. The schools in the area are keen to exploit cross-curricular opportunities in Information Computer Technology (ICT) wherever possible and this is illustrated in their BECTA Quality Mark and the extensive resources provided in the schools. The successful primary supply teachers must be confident in using Interactive Whiteboards in the classroom setting as there is one in every room.
If you are passionate about teaching Key Stage Two (KS2) and an excellent classroom practitioner with a broad range of behaviour management strategies we look forward to hearing from you.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th July 2018