- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Whole year
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CE2906
- Salary: £90-£100
New Directions are currently looking for a Key Stage Two (KS2) specialist to work in a Primary school in Canton, Cardiff. This is a fantastic opportunity in a vibrant and large school for a part time post for the next academic year.
At the heart of the community, easily accessible and close to public transport links, the school prides itself on its diversity and inclusivity and the ideal candidate will also foster this ethos. The ideal candidate will be reliable and committed to children’s learning and raising standards. The successful applicant will be someone who has excellent organisational and communication skills, as the post is a job share.
The school is an energetic and busy school with a supportive and hard-working faculty, who’s most recent Estyn report was graded ‘excellent’. The successful candidate will be able to establish good relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike. Planning and preparation is an expectation for this post, and the school are looking for an excellent practitioner who can provide high quality learning experiences.
Both newly qualified and experienced teachers are welcome to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th June 2018