- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Autumn Term
- Duration: 1 term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CE2206
- Salary: £90-£100
New Directions are currently working with a Primary school in East Cardiff who is looking for a Year 3 Teacher for the autumn term. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher who is committed to children’s learning and raising standards.
The school is of medium size, easily accessible and close to public transport links. The school prides itself on being a happy school with a strong Christian ethos. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational practitioner who is committed to working in an environment that fosters inclusion and equality. The school is looking for a conscientious and hard-working Teacher who has good behaviour management skills and is able to establish good working relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
The Year 3 class is a large class and the position is full time. The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of the national curriculum and be able to plan and deliver motivating and dynamic lessons. The school are looking for someone who has high expectations and who is resourceful and innovative.
This is a long term opportunity with fantastic prospects; the school can offer a supportive, friendly working environment, teaching children who make the most of every opportunity.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd June 2018