- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Summer term
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CE0706
- Salary: £90-£100
New Directions are currently seeking Qualified Key Stage Two (KS2) Teachers to work across schools in Cardiff. As the preferred supplier for the council, New Directions work in partnership with schools in Cardiff to help with short and long term supply cover.
We are looking for dedicated, reliable and adaptable Teachers who are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a variety of schools. Supply teaching can be extremely rewarding and provides an opportunity to network with local schools and build relationships with schools you wish to work in.
Supply cover can range from day to day bookings to medium and long term cover. New Directions provide an excellent service to both our candidates and clients and get to know your requirements.
New Directions can offer –
-Regular and local work, in schools of your choice
-Flexibility to manage your own diary
-Long term opportunities
-Loyalty bonus up to £500
-Refer a friend scheme
-Competitive rates of pay between £90 – £100 a day
-A dedicated Account Manager who will find you bookings that suit you
If you are unsure of your next step in September and would would like to find out more about working as a supply teacher, please call our team.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th June 2018