- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 21SJM0918
- Salary: £90
Calling all teachers who are looking for a new and exciting role!
New Directions Education is currently recruiting Key Stage Two Teachers within the area of Abergavenny for casual supply work.
We welcome both Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) and experienced teacher.
If you are an Newly Qualified Teacher please be rest assured that you will have an experienced and understanding workforce within the schools that we place you for work, which we understand is very important for your professional development.
We are looking for teachers who can:
- Encourage and excite Key Stage Two Children, enabling them to develop their skills so they can be enthusiastic, independent problem solvers.
- Model quality teaching methods and practise to ensure children are securing a consistent standard of learning.
- Be committed to on-going professional development (this is something that we offer at New Directions, please get in touch for further information).
- Be innovative, motivated and eager to take a lead.
- Will promote a strong sense of engagement with children, staff and parents.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st September 2018