- Location: Bristol - South West
- Start Date: January
- Duration: Maternity Cover, January- End of academic year
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: SLBW124
- Salary: £100- £140 A DAY
New Directions are currently recruiting for an Experienced Key Stage 2 Teacher for a Maternity Post in Bristol, to start January 2019 and to finish end of the academic year. Our client is passionate about providing a high level of teaching to encourage pupils to get the most out of their learning and school experience whilst promoting confidence and positive behaviour throughout the school.
We are looking for Teachers that have excellent knowledge of the curriculum that is able to promote positive behaviour in the classroom. On a day to day basis you will be required to plan and deliver lessons in line with the curriculum, manage behaviour effectively in line with school procedures, follow safeguarding procedures, work closely with other members of staff to ensure pupils are fully supported and mark work and provide feedback.
Requirements of the KS2 Primary School Teacher- Maternity Cover Job in Bristol
- Must have QTS
- Experience teaching KS2
- Good Knowledge of the curriculum
- Passionate about teaching
Benefits of the KS2 Primary School Teacher- Maternity Cover Job in Bristol
- Honest and reliable service
- We don’t use umbrella companies!
- You tell us when you are free to work
- £50 loyalty bonus once you have worked 50 days.
- £100 referral scheme when you refer a teacher to work with us
- Temp of the month bonus payment or a gift/ voucher.
- Training and development opportunities
- Career advice and support.
- 24-hour service
- Safeguarding training and advice
- Competitive pay rates
- Local office for registration
**this is a long term, 5 day a week post**
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3510, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd December 2018