- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: 11SJM0319
- Salary: £95 Per Day
New Directions are currently seeking excellent classroom teachers who are looking to join strong and highly motivated teams at Learning Resource Bases in Primary Schools in the Merthyr Tydfil area.
Whether you are newly qualified and have trained in a Learning Resource Base (LRB) or have a more experience we would love to hear from you!
We are working with a number of schools that have extensive facilities that offer the children an array of fantastic and diverse opportunities. The schools we work with home small resource bases for children with moderate learning difficulties. They want their children to love learning and enjoy school, so they spend a great deal of time and energy ensuring an exciting curriculum.
Due to the nature of the Learning Resource Base classroom we are looking for a motivated pool of teachers that would be able to work on short-term basis within these classrooms, so that the children have consistency and key relationships with supply cover staff.
If you feel that this is the role for you, please get in touch.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th March 2019