- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: immediate
- Duration: day-to-day and long-term
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: EAL/BGWENT
- Salary: from £55 per day
New Directions Education is looking for LSA’s to work with pupils who have English as an additional language and need extra support within school within the Blaenau Gwent area. We have requirements to work within both primary and secondary schools for short and long-term placements. The positions will include the following duties:
- 1:1 support
- Small group work
- Proving accurate feedback and daily updates to the class teacher
- Use own initiative
This is extremely rewarding work where you can make a real difference to pupil’s social skills, confidence and integration within school and the community.
- Over 300 languages are spoken throughout the UK
- 1 in 6 primary school children have English as a second language
EAL Teaching Assistants work within a classroom setting either on a 1-2-1 basis or with a small group of children. The aim of the role is to promote inclusion and provide support for students who have English as a second language. EAL Teaching Assistants may also be required to adapt and customise curriculum materials.
Typical duties of an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Supporting EAL students with personalised learning
- Helping to overcome barriers to learning
- Adapting and customising lesson plans
- Supporting students with EAL to access extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the management of EAL students’ behaviour, encouraging students to conform to expected behaviour
- Contributing to the school awareness of EAL
- Providing pastoral support
- Facilitating contact with parents
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th January 2019