- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temp
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, School Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: EBDenbighshire
- Salary: 50-55
New Directions are seeking an experienced LSA (Learning Support Assistant) at a primary school situated in the Denbighshire area. We are looking for someone to be able to support all age groups within the Foundation Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
We are looking for staff who are:
- Able to work closely and support staff and other LSA’s within the classroom
- Able to support small groups and pupils when required
- Able to provide 3 up-to-date references
We are interested in a candidates who are seeking part time and full time roles, for day-to-day supply. With long term and short term contracts. These may also lead to permanent roles.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th August 2018