- Location: Powys - Mid Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: Contract
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: MD_LSA_Powys
- Salary: £60.00 - £70.00 per day
New Directions Education are recruiting for a Secondary Teaching Assistant to work with pupils on a 1:1 and group basis within a local Powys Secondary school.
The successful applicant will be working on a one to one basis or with small groups of pupils with additional learning needs. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be resilient, confident and able to build good relationships. Pupils may have emotional and/or behavioural issues that will require you to manage situations and keep records if required. Other pupils may have additional learning needs which are literacy and numeracy based that shall also require guidance and support
The ideal candidate;
• Have experience as a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) or Teaching Assistant (TA)
• Have experience working with children or young adults with additional learning needs
• Be adaptable and able to act quickly in changes of environment
• Have previous experience within a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) (Advantageous)
• Be able to support children in both groups and on a 1-1 basis
- Over 300 languages are spoken throughout the UK
- 1 in 6 primary school children have English as a second language
EAL Teaching Assistants work within a classroom setting either on a 1-2-1 basis or with a small group of children. The aim of the role is to promote inclusion and provide support for students who have English as a second language. EAL Teaching Assistants may also be required to adapt and customise curriculum materials.
Typical duties of an EAL Teaching Assistant
- Supporting EAL students with personalised learning
- Helping to overcome barriers to learning
- Adapting and customising lesson plans
- Supporting students with EAL to access extra-curricular activities
- Contribute to the management of EAL students’ behaviour, encouraging students to conform to expected behaviour
- Contributing to the school awareness of EAL
- Providing pastoral support
- Facilitating contact with parents
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th March 2019