- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: February 2019 with a potential extension
- Job Type: Fixed Term, Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Salary: From £64 per day
We are currently working with a Behaviour Unit in Pontypool who require a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work with them on a full time basis until February half term 2019. The post may be extended for the right applicant. The hours are 08:30 – 16:00 Monday to Friday, lunch breaks are taken within the unit. The unit has a further two sites and on occasion, you may be required to work in them. The ability to drive and have business use insurance on your car is essential.
The unit work with pupils who are of Secondary age, undertaking GCSE’s and Vocational qualifications. The Pupils are of mixed ability, this means that you will be asked to work on a one to one basis with some pupils and in groups with others. The Pupils attend the unit for various reasons and are seeking a strong communicator who is confident building relationships. The unit are looking for an LSA who is able to gauge how well Pupils are preforming and have the initiative to offer support and guidance.
New Directions will be able to provide free Team Teach training for this role to enhance your development.
If you would like to know more about the post, please call in.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th December 2018