Learning Support Assistant required for Emotional Behavioral Difficulties (EBD) Role in a Merthyr Primary School
- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: NA
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Salary: £55 Per Day
New Directions are seeking a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who is trained to support primary school pupils with Emotional Behaviour Difficulties (EBD) in the classroom.
EBD refers to a condition by which child’s performance is affected as their behaviour or emotional reactions differ greatly from accepted norms. The term EBD is an umbrella term, often used to categorise a range of more specific difficulties such as behaviour, which can disrupt a child’s learning and the learning of their peers.
In your role, you will be required to support pupils who have been statemented with EBD within mainstream classes. Allowing them to maintain access to the mainstream curriculum. You will be responsible for helping diffuse pupil’s behaviour, should it escalate, while being supported by class teachers and SENCO.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of supporting pupils with EBD
- Team-Teach Training
Although these are not essential.
We are seeking to build a pool of Learning Support Assistants to work with pupils on a regular and ad-hoc basis. There will also be the potential to undertake longer term positions with them as they arise.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th March 2019