- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: on-going / day-to-day
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: TOR/SEC
- Salary: From £57 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for Learning Support Assistants (LSA’s) for Secondary Schools in the Torfaen area. The positions will include both block and day to day bookings which will suit candidates needing flexibility with their hours and days of work.
The cover will include working in mainstream and additional learning needs classes supporting pupils from year 7 to year 11. Thus, successful candidates need to be flexible and adaptable with their approach as it will involve working within various environments.
If you are looking for short or long-term work with flexible hours, please call the LSA Team at New Directions Education on 02920 390133 option 1.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th March 2019