- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: May 2019
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: SPND8
- Salary: £55 per day
Our client is actively seeking a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who has experience working with pupils with behaviour issues. The vacancy would involve working on a one to one basis with a Year 2 pupil. The school have noted that they feel the right candidate will be able to engage the pupil and minimise disruptive behaviour. This position would ideally suit someone with a background in challenging behaviour. We are able to provide the successful applicant with Team Teach training.
The successful candidate will commence a full time long term placement in May 2019. The typical work day will run from 8:30am – 15:30pm with a 1 hour break. These hours may be subject to change in the event of the pupil’s absence.
The school itself is located in the Llanishen area of Cardiff allowing for good access via public transport, typically within a 5 to 10 minute walk. Parking is offered on-site for those with access to vehicles.
If supporting and working closely with pupils on a one to one basis is something that appeals to you, please note your interest by applying and forwarding us an up to date CV.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th March 2019