- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, School Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SWA01KS
- Salary: Competitive Pay Rates
New Directions Education are seeking Teaching Assistants in and around the Llansamlet Area.
The School we recruit for aims to provide a secure, happy, healthy and caring environment in which all children flourish and achieve their full potential.
Apart from being Enthusiastic, Reliable and Hardworking. We welcome applications from Candidates Who;
- Have a proven track record of delivering excellence in a child based settings.( Eg, Schools, Nursery`s, Flying start, Care homes, etc).
- Have Child based Qualifications. (This is not essential as experience will be taken into account).
- Have a Creative outlook to Learning.
- Have a full UK Driving Licence. (Desired but not essential).
In Return New Directions will give you;
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Continuous Training to support your Personal Development. (All Training is CPD accredited).
- A dedicated Account Manager to look after you and your needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for employment that offers regular work with flexibility, cover long term sickness and day to day supply cover.
The job of a teaching or classroom assistant is a now vital resource for the teacher where the position in heavily relied upon in the classroom. Further evidencing the importance of this role within schools is the rapid growth in numbers employed across the UK. Numbers employed have risen from 61,000 a decade ago 213,900 in 2011.
Teaching Assistant Qualifications
New Directions Education are specialists in recruiting Teaching Assistant (TA) jobs who are qualified to the below:
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant;
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA);
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education;
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We will also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
Duties of a Teaching Assistant
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head Teacher, ALNCO and Class Teachers;
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress;
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities;
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records;
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th January 2019