Part-Time Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – Year 6 – Wallasey
Do you have a strong passion for providing dedicated support to students in their educational journey? We are seeking an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join our team and work closely with Year 6 students. This part-time position will involve supporting students’ learning and well-being on Wednesdays to Fridays, starting as soon as possible and continuing until February half term 2024, with potential for extension.
– Provide individual and small group support to Year 6 students, catering to their academic and social-emotional needs.
– Collaborate with teachers and the SENCO to create inclusive and supportive learning environments within the classroom.
– Assist in implementing personalised education and behaviour plans to encourage student engagement and progress.
– Previous experience working with children in an educational setting is advantageous, particularly with an understanding of supporting students’ specific learning needs.
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to foster positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
– Flexibility and adaptability to contribute to the overall well-being and development of Year 6 students.
If you are committed to enabling students to reach their full potential and thrive in their learning journey, we invite you to apply for this role. Join this supportive school and make a significant impact on the educational experiences of their Year 6 students.
Teaching or classroom assistants are now vital resources for teachers and are heavily relied upon in schools.
We specialise in recruiting teaching assistants (TA) who are qualified in the following;
We’ll also consider experienced learning support assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in additional learning needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as having:
As a teaching assistant you’ll be expected to:
Benefits of working with New Directions:
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.