Lecturer Health & Social Care – Anatomy & Physiology, Powys
- Location: Powys
- Salary: £25.75 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary
New Directions Education are recruiting for a Lecturer of Health & Social Care – Anatomy & Physiology
As we are the preferred supplier in Wales, we are seeking a confident, enthusiastic and Dynamic person who is able to fit into the core team at this college
This is a temporary position and is for approximately 8 hours per week, based at a Powys based College.
The post holder is required to deliver the following units:
- Monday 1-4pm Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
- Wednesday 12-2pm Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
- Friday 9-12pm Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
Candidates should have a Level 6 qualification and experience in a relevant discipline, have a teaching qualification and be able to deliver up to the levels outlined above.
- Candidates for Lecturing posts must be fully compliance checked and registered with the EWC (as Lecturer in Further Education) prior to commencement.
New Directions Education recruits for lecturing vacancies around the UK in Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) establishments.
We cover vacancies for subjects including:
- Essential Skills
- A Levels: Maths, English, Science etc.
- Access Courses
- Hair & Beauty
- Construction, Engineering, Plastering
- Social Sciences
- Creative Industries: Art, Design, Media etc.
- Public Services & Tourism
- Work Based Learning
- ESOL (English speakers of other languages)
As a Lecturer you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the College Scheme of Work or your subject specialism
- Plan, prepare and teach lectures that cater for all student abilities and ranges
- Maintain a firm but fair approach to classroom management
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ development
- Instil teamwork, motivation and inspiration to students, developing a learner-focused curriculum and the ability to continually improve their learning experience
- Stay current with changes and developments in college schemes of work.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry