- Location: Shropshire - West Midlands
- Start Date: February 2019
- Duration: Contract
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Further Education
- Category: Lecturer
- Job Ref: Lecturer/Teacher/Assessor
- Salary: £20 + per hour (dependant on experience)
New Directions are recruiting on behalf of a Shropshire based College for qualified Lecturers/Teachers/Assessors.
One of Shropshire’s largest colleges are working in partnership with New Directions to recruit for multiple subjects. With 3,250 16-19 year olds, 2,000 adults, 1,300 apprentices and 450 higher education students they are wanting professionals to join their established teams from February / March 2019. These are long-term posts and are flexible to suit the successfull applicants.
Sucessfull applicants will be experienced in their chosen field and will have the relevant teaching qualifications, or equivalent.
Are you looking for work as a lecturer in your local area?
New Directions Education recruits lecturers for vacancies around the UK in Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) establishments.
What subjects do we supply lecturers for? There are many subjects that we cover including:
- Beauty Therapy;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Health & Social Care.
The role of a Lecturer:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th January 2019