- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: TA2JM
- Salary: £Competitive
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a level 2 teaching assistant to work in a wirral primary school in Wallasey, wirral. This will be on going supply cover and will require 1:1 support for a pupil in year 4. The ideal applicant will have had previous experience working with pupils who have additional learning needs (Aln) within a Main stream primary setting and have excellent communication and behavioural assessment skills. Good knowledge of Maths and English, and the the ability to keep the pupil focused on task are ideal – along with a warm and approachable nature.
Due to the nature of this role, continuity is essential so support will likely to be needed well into the new year. It is a full time position in a school that succeeds in getting good results and are very welcoming towards supply staff.
If you have the relevant qualification and experience, along with full time availability, this could be a fantastic opportunity. Parking is available on site and the school is easily accessible via various bus routes.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th November 2018