- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: April 2019
- Duration: Long term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: Y3TAJM
- Salary: Competitive
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a level 2 teaching assistant to work in a wirral primary school near Eastham, wirral.
This will be on going supply cover from April 2019 and will require 1:1 support for a pupil in year 3 who has additional learning needs (ALN). The ideal applicant will have had previous experience working with pupils who have Autism (asd) and on occasions challenging behaviour. Due to the nature and length of this booking both excellent communication and behavioural assessment skills are essential along with full time availability.
This is a full time position in a school that succeeds in getting good results and are very welcoming towards supply staff.
If you have the relevant qualification and experience, along with full time availability, this could be a fantastic opportunity. Parking is available on site and the school is easily accessible via various bus routes.
The ideal candidate would hold an up to date team teach training qualification. However, if you do not have this qualification then New Directions provide this training as part of continual professional development.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th April 2019