- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: Easter 2019
- Duration: on-going
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: NUR/ALN
- Salary: from £59 per day
New Directions Education are currently looking for an experienced Level 3 Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work within a thriving Nursery School in the Newport area. The position will be based within a communications class supporting children with additional learning needs.
The Nursery School are ideally looking for a candidate who has experience of working with children with autism and other various additional learning needs to be able to provide a high level of support to the pupils. Experience of working with nursery aged children is beneficial for the role but not essential.
The position is five days per week Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 3:30pm. If you are interested in this position please call the LSA Team on 02920 390133 option 1.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th March 2019