- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SPND4
- Salary: £60 per day
Our clients are actively seeking a proactive and flexible childcare worker for work in one of the most established Primary schools in Cardiff. This position will be working with the rising 3’s supporting children to give them the best possible start in life.
The role itself is full time, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 and 15:30. In order to be successful, candidates must exude professionalism and be kind by nature. They will ultimately be responsible for laying the foundations in preparation for the children’s journey through full time education. The ability to coordinate innovative activities as well as building rapport with parents and pupils have been deemed as essential qualities.
All applicants must hold a Level 3 childcare qualification and have post qualifying experience to be considered for the posts.
Including the following:
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development (Wales and Northern Ireland) QCF;
- Open University Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) (FHEQ Level 4) in Early Years Professional Practice
- EDEXCEL BTEC Level 3 National Certificate/Diploma;
Successful candidates will be given extensive training and support to guarantee continual professional development. If this sounds like the job for you then please apply as soon as possible.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th February 2019