- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SPLAN120
- Salary: £62 per day
Our client are in need of a Level 4 Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work closely with one of their Foundation Phase Teachers. This will be a long term position with the view of going permanent should the venture produce the desired results.
In order to be successful applicants will need to have the minimum qualification of a Level 4. Due to the requirements of the position our clients have stressed how important it is that the individual displays the following qualities/abilities; communicate effectively with colleagues and pupils, document key information on individual pupils when required, provide thorough pupil reports to parents and the class teacher, be kind and attentive by nature and possess a natural ability to build great rapport with pupils.
The day to day responsibilities in the position will include; taking small groups of pupils for Numeracy and Literacy study sessions, floating around the classroom in order to focus on low ability pupils and generally supporting the class teacher however she deems necessary. On an average work week you will work Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 15:30pm with a designated one hour break.
The school itself is located within a 10 minute walk of local bus links and is easily accessible for those traveling by car from all across the city.
If you have all of the above qualities and qualifications, please apply as soon as possible and forward us an up to date CV.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th June 2018