- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Jan 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HLTA
- Salary: £62
Based around Cardiff centre, our clients are recruiting Level 4 or Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA) to work full-time from January. You will need to be a confident and flexible Teaching Assistant to work across both Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2. You will be required to assist the Class Teacher with preparations for different lessons and activities in Maths and English, complete classroom and outdoor observations and file any documentation. You will need to use praise where necessary and/or note certain behaviours. Appropriate and effective action will need to be taken when following discipline procedures, if confronted by more extreme behaviour.
The successful candidate will need to know how to deal with difficult situations, remain calm under pressure and be able to build a good rapport with pupils.
A Team Teach certificate would be an ideal requirement, but not necessary as New Directions provide free training in this field as well as Safeguarding Level 1, Manual Handling and First Aid.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th December 2017