- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: November 2018
- Duration: On-going supply Basis
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP22510
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently looking to register Key Stage 2 Specialists for primary schools within the City and County of Swansea. This role would entail providing relief cover within the Lower Junior Department as and when schools require. Successful applicants will be required to teach mainly Year 3 and Year 4 Classes, however on a few occasions you may be asked to cover other classes. You may also be called upon at short notice for last-minute sickness cover but if this is not suited to your availability you can note this during your registration appointment.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have previously taught Year 3 and Year 4 pupils;
- Are able to promote the ‘Cwricwlwm Cymraeg’ throughout the school and use incidental Welsh when appropriate;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Seek the flexibility of supply work and will be available for short and longer-term cover.
Each of the schools within Swansea are of quite a reasonable size and as a result the staff within the Junior Departments are regularly out of the classroom and require cover. The supply placements are available with immediate effect and we are able to offer you short or long-term placements depending on the work pattern you are looking for. You may also select the schools you wish to work in and we will prioritise you for placements at these schools. Applicants with any experience or interest in assisting with extra curricular or after school clubs would be encouraged to apply as there is now a strong focus on providing a more diverse education. New Directions is able to offer a range of free certified training courses to support your career development.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th November 2018