- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HW04
- Salary: £9.00 an hour
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to work in a primary school based in Wrexham.
The role is working in a hearing unit with children who requires communication support with the use of basic Makaton or British Sign Language.
Applicants must have experience of basic BSL level 1 or Basic Makaton training.
A teaching assistant qualification is desirable but not essential however you should have experience of working with children.
The hours are Monday to Friday 8:40am-3:10pm.
If you are interested, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Holly Wrisdale at New Directions Education on 01978 884 290.
New Directions is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
The role of a Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teacher will require
- A relevant teaching qualification;
- Ideally experience working in an ALN environment;
- Recent experience in a classroom environment;
- An excellent track record;
- Good knowledge of the national curriculum;
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work short-term and long-term.
Jobs in Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as below:-
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD);
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI);
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD);
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD);
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD);
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
As well as working with students who have Physical Disabilities (PD).
What can New Directions offer you?
- Regular work potentially leading to long-term roles;
- A dedicated account manager;
- Fully compliant with the AWR (Agency Workers Regulation);
- Competitive pay rates;
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th September 2018